Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm tired, no books in this post

I'm watching Independence Day right now. Don't know why, I just felt like watching the first half of it for some reason. I think one of the reasons why a lot of people rip on the movie version of Contact is because the two movies were released within a year or two within each other, and people wanted Hollywood explosions and aliens with Contact. Oh well. I enjoy that movie more than Independence Day.

At work today I spent a good portion finishing the Martian Chronicles for the third time. Such a great book. I started re-reading it to pass time last weekend when I was working a couple midnight shifts. I should bring more books to work to read during downtime. After work tonight, I came home to Borrowed Time in the house (who are borrowing Sam and Derek) before they leave for tour tomorrow morning. I also came home to a package containing Fall of Hyperion. Looking forward to reading that book. I think I'll make it the next one on my to-read list.

While I do love metal, I've found myself listening to more music from the 70's lately. A lot of progressive rock ( I started off listening to almost exclusively Italian prog rock several years ago, but I eventually branched out). There are a lot of reasons why I listen to different kinds of music. Sometimes it is simply because it rocks, other times it's because I think there's incredible musicianship. Almost all of the time, it invokes some kind of emotional response. The following albums are masterpieces. Classics. I could only hope to one day make music half as great as the music found on these records.



























No comments:

Post a Comment